Wednesday 4 November 2009

Found items and the like ...

I've had the misfortune to find the cable that connects the camera to the computer, so it looks like my previously mentioned rare triumph will be the usual load of crap. I got some painting in on Hexeris, I just have to do the flesh, tidy up the overspill, finish the armour and then do the base. As for time, well, when painting I don't go by hours but by what music I've been listening to. So far it has taken me one play through of Slipknot Live at Download '09, one play through of Metallica Live at Nottingham '09 and one play through of Master of Puppets. This time includes eight cigarette breaks as well.

It's looking a bit rubbish, to be honest, but fine for the tabletop. The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that speed painting isn't about the individual miniature but the overall look of the army. I'm hoping to have at least 500 points done by the end of the month, along with a continued assault on poor Kaelyssa.

As for pictures, there should be some on Friday. I need 24 hours for the PVA to dry before I can do anything to the base, then another 24 hours for the static grass to dry (that stuff gets everywhere). I'm going for the same washed out look on the base, as the Skorne are desert dwellers (hmm, real pale skin, too. Someone doesn't know their evolutionary biology, methinks).

I would try to be witty and stuff, but I'm too drained.

Rob
Angry at creationism

3 comments:

  1. A hint of polemicism in closing there, 'schach. Be a treat to see the midday sun of that rage focused more determinedly through the magnifying lens of your mind sometime (burning precise holes in the paper-thin flank of Yank creationism).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to note that mini designers aren't hip to EB. And yes, 'amodern_man' is also me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. use super glue for the static grass ;)

    ReplyDelete